If you are proposing development that does not align with the standards set in the Zoning Bylaw, you may need to apply for a Development Variance Permit . A Development Variance Permit can adjust the development standards outlined in a zoning bylaw when specific situations call for it.
Development Variance Permits cannot change land use type or density standards. They can alter::
- the minimum distance of a build from a property line
- the minimum distance of a build from a lake
- certain characteristic such as:
- the maximum height of a building
- the maximum/minimum size of a building