Temporary Use Permit

A Temporary Use Permit (TUP) allows temporary changes to the land use specified in the Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw. If a temporary change to land use is required but it is not permitted by the Zoning Bylaw, apply for a TUP. Under a TUP, there may be specific conditions for use, including:

  • number of employees
  • hours of operation
  • operational conditions

A TUP can be issued for up to three years.  Property owners can submit a new application for a TUP, but should note that the applicable fees will apply and could take up to three months to process. 


Requirements for Temporary Use Permit

Temporary Use Permit Review Process