The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act is a provincial law that balances:
- the right to access government information
- the right to have personal information that is collected protected
Some records may be considered routine (not containing personal information or other information not releasable under provincial legislation) and do not require the submission of a formal request for information. They may be obtained by contacting the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George office at 250-960-4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-routine records contain personal information or information that cannot be released under provincial legislation. To request a non-routine record, complete a Request for Information form:
Building Plan Records
To request building plans, first complete a Request for Information form above. Building plans are only released to the property owner, unless:
- the property owner signs a copy of the the first and last page of the MLS listing (if realtors are the applicant), OR
- the Consent for Building Plans form [PDF/187KB] is signed by all property owners
Under provincial legislation, the Regional District has 30 business days from the date a request is received to respond.
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Bylaw No. 2944 (Consolidated) (PDF) [PDF/105KB] [PDF/105KB]
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Fees are charge for any record request response valued at over $5, and payment is accepted by cash, cheque, debit, Mastercard and Visa.