All loads arriving at Regional District landfills and transfer stations must be secured. If you arrive with an unsecured load, a double charge may be applied. Swipe cards are invalid when a double charge is applied.
You can secure your load with:
- cargo nets
- ropes and chains
- straps and bungee cords
Some loads must also be covered completely with a tarp that is tied to the vehicle and not open on any side. Loads that must be covered include:
- loose plastic bags or paper
- construction or demolition debris and roofing materials
- lightweight materials or loose garbage
- garbage in bags
- yard waste with leaves or other lightweight debris
- recyclable materials in open containers
If you properly secured your load it will not shift, spill or fall from your vehicle.